It's called Reject Reasons!
This update is split in two sections:
1. "Quick reject" gives you more control over how you decide to reject your candidates by customising a reject dependent on what stage of the process they are in, and in which job.
2. Add a reason for the rejection with our new “Reject reasons” feature that keeps tabs on why it didn't work out with a candidate, internally. You can get an overview of this data in "Analytics" to optimise your process.
Where do I get started?
You’ll now have two options on how to reject a candidate: “Quick Reject” and “Reject.”
Under “Reject reasons,” select the reason for the reject and choose whether you want to send a reject message. If you choose “yes,” select the email template that will be sent out – remember, you’ve added these in your Settings under “Reject reasons” ✅ Then, select the delay for when you want to send the message.
What about the regular Reject option?
If you decide you don’t want to quick reject a candidate, simply click on “Reject” on the candidate card. When you do so, you will get the exact same options as you do when you set up your “Quick reject” settings. This is great if you reject candidates for a different reason than what is pre-set. For example, if you want to customise a personal email, or would like to get back to them within a different time frame than you’ve set in your “Quick reject” settings. In summary, it overrides the “Quick Reject” rule.
Reject Reasons in Analytics!
So, why should I start using Reject reasons?
- The better you set up your reject reasons and stick to logging them, the better overview you’ll have in Analytics on why hires don’t work out. This helps you close the gaps between you and candidates to keep your recruitment efforts effective.
- It's easier than ever to respond to candidates with a fitting rejection, and this keeps your recruitment candidate-centric. It gives your employer brand a good nudge and encourages candidates to apply to future openings or recommend opportunities at your workplace to their network. The more personlized, the better. It helps keep both parties smiling. Win-win.
- You save time. Need we say more?